SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, October 25, 2018

ENT APPOINTMENT - OCTOBER 2018

Saw my ENT yesterday and he scoped my throat.  Said it did show a little improvement.  I am still a little hoarse and my left side of my tongue is sore.  I have enlarged taste buds in that area and they are now hurting.  He gave it a good exam and didn't recommend anything for it.  He initially diagnosed it as Circumvallate Papillae about a year ago.

Being under stress has been linked to many health issues, including swollen,enlarged papillae

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are home remedies and over-the-counter (OTC) treatments available to reduce your symptoms and help the condition resolve faster. These include:
  • rinsing and gargling with salt water
  • brushing your teeth at least twice daily, and using mouthwash to rid the mouth of harmful bacteria
  • avoiding irritating foods (eating blander, smooth foods may be beneficial)
  • taking OTC topical treatments like Zilactin, which cover the bumps like a bandage, protecting them from friction that could irritate them further
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wants to see me again in 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment