SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, April 26, 2018

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY

It was one year ago today that I had my 3rd biopsy.  It was a Core Needle Biopsy performed at the Thibodaux hospital - as the Houma hospital did not do this type of procedure.  In my opinion, this should be the first procedure done as it is more accurate than a Fine Needle Biopsy.  The doctor (Dr. Arthurs) was very confident that this would provide accurate results and he was right.  

I was so relieved when the results came in.  Now I knew just what I had and could begin treatment.  In my gut, I knew it was Squamous Cell Carcinoma but needed a biopsy to prove it.  I was 69 years old.   The same age my father was when he died of the same cancer.

On the morning of February 3rd 2017, after brushing my teeth, I looked up in the mirror and saw a lump on the left side of my neck.  Immediately felt that this was serious and not just a swollen gland.  Just a gut feeling but very scary.  It took 3 months to be verified.




1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness you are here to look back at your past.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie (and Gary)

    ReplyDelete