SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

UPDATE ON EATING

Today I was able to eat some turkey sausage.  I was very surprised that I was able to swallow small pieces of it with ease.  I cooked it with some red beans.

I am improving a lot when it comes to eating.  Still can't eat hamburger meat or chicken.  I eat a lot of stews and soups.  However, I'm craving meat, especially steak and pork chops.   

I'm still eating a lot of ice cream.  I have some after every meal.  Since I can only eat a few bites of real food it is what fills me up and also feels good to my throat.

Still having a red and sore throat.  I cough a lot.  Am drinking more water than ever.  The mucous is not as bad as it had been.

The worst symptom is the dry mouth.  Still have no saliva.  Use Xylimelts often to keep my mouth wet.  

Feeling  pretty good otherwise. 

2 comments:

  1. Really glad to see an update today! We were beginning to worry!!! ;-> Glad to hear everything is improving.

    Yesterday Gary had an "A-OK" check up on his squamous cell cancer, and scheduled for another not for two months! Progress!!

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete