SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, January 31, 2019

GALLBLADDER GONE

Yesterday I had my gallbladder removed.  Didn't feel a whole lot of discomfort yesterday but today am in pain.  Not many choices when it comes to eating.  Had oatmeal for breakfast and suffered for 3 hours afterwards.  My body has not had enough time to adjust to having no gallbladder.  I will have to stick to broth and clear soups for awhile.

The Hydrocodone really helps and the surgeon said I could take two at a time if needed.  He has a good understanding of the degree of pain it seems.  I'm making sure I take Miralax to prevent constipation from the pain meds.

I was informed that it would take at least 2 weeks to recuperate from the surgery and possibly 2 months before I could do any heavy lifting.  Even though it was a simple procedure it was still major surgery.

The pain today is from the incision on the far right of my stomach where they pulled the gallbladder out.  It feels kind of like the same pain I had when I had the gallbladder attacks only now I have no gallbladder.  In a week I have an appointment with the surgeon for a check up. 

On January 23rd I had an appointment with my ENT who scheduled a biopsy on the nodule on my thyroid.  Hopefully that is the last thing to do for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Gary had his gallbladder out last August, but has the opposite effect of constipation still. Hopefully your system will settle down quickly for you.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete