SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

STOPPED ALL MEDS

Since I have been having so many complications since surgery I have decided to stop taking all meds.  I am convinced that the blood pressure medicine is too strong and making my heart rate low- 52 at one point.  Not sure why no one has suggested to request a lower dose from my family doctor.  They were concerned but made no recommendations.  Seems like a simple solution to me. 

I will continue to take the antibiotic Cipro for the suspected liver infection.  Last night I had fever of 100 and took 2 Tylenol tablets which lowered the fever and I slept well without Xanax. 

Blood Pressure Readings on no meds:
150/76 - Pulse 81- 2-4-2019
135/62 - Pulse 73 - 2-5-2019
125/72 - Pulse 87 - 2-6-2019

Am still waiting for the results of my Ultrasound.  It has not yet been posted on the Portal.

Just spoke to Dr. Jukes and he said the results of the Ultrasound shows a little fluid on the liver which is to be expected.  It will resolve in time.  The fever is not from anything they can find in my scan or x ray or blood work.  Maybe just a virus.  He suggested I be checked for Mono.

I think that if it is a virus I picked it up in surgery as I have had fever ever since that day and it is now 8 days since that time. 

The antibiotics I have been given are for a bacterial infection and not for a virus.  So I will not be needing them if that is the case.

Made an appointment with my family doctor to review all of this and to get a different script for the blood pressure meds.


No comments:

Post a Comment