SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, July 25, 2019

MY ONCOLOGIST APPOINTMENT

My Oncologist appointment went well yesterday.  He was very pleased with the improvements since my last visit with him 6 months ago.  I informed him that I can eat almost anything except steak and hamburger meat.  I have regained about 50% of my saliva which helps with swallowing foods I was not able to swallow before.  I have gained 5 pounds in the last 6 months which I am not happy about.  However, I enjoy my cake and ice cream every day.  I now weigh 156 pounds.

My throat does not hurt anymore and is barely red.  I do still have days when I am hoarse and think it is due to the foods I am eating.

Talked to him about some recent pain in my right side under my breast.  He felt the area and said it could be cartilage pain and to have my family doctor check it out.  I made an appointment for next Thursday - August 1st at 2:20 with Dr. Scott Haydel. 

I will be seeing my Oncologist again in 6 months.  

Later in the afternoon I met with my brother and his wife to go over some information he will need that will help him with his cancer treatment.  I showed him all of the items that are in my Survival Box that I used on a daily basis to combat the effects of my radiation treatment.  He said he would not remember all of the things I told him.  I explained that I wrote all the info down and gave him the paper.  His wife will be purchasing the items on the list.  I offered to do his first few tube feedings until he felt that he could do them himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment