SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, November 3, 2019

HOW I LOVE BACON

Just finished a wonderful breakfast of bacon and egg, English Muffin and hot chocolate.  Of course I was only able to eat half of the egg, one quarter of the muffin, and a couple of strips of bacon that I chewed till all flavor gone then spit out.  It was great.  I've come a long way in these last two years since treatment.  

Still don't have 100% saliva back but do have a small amount that helps me break down foods and swallow easier.  Meat and bread are always going to be a problem it seems.  However, after almost 2 years of being a vegetarian I can once again enjoy the taste of bread and meat with an occasional ability to swallow.

Today is a good day.

I'm enjoying this cool 60 degree weather we are having.  Fireplace is going and I'm snuggled up on the sofa with my electric lap blanket and my fur babies watching great television on Netflix.  
Today is a good day.

I'm once again working in my art studio that had become a store room over the last 2 years.  Tried cleaning out a lot of stuff to have room for my next project.  It is still overcrowded but I can at least have a small space on a table to create.

Since starting my front courtyard container garden I have grown lots and lots of ivy.  So much ivy that I started to give some away.  Then I decided to take some small cuttings and root them, plant them in small containers and sell them on Facebook Marketplace.

In order to keep the cost down, I thought I would use small containers that I can recycle from what I use at home.  I started with my coffee containers then used my butter containers then tried cat litter containers.  Finally decided to use styrofoam cups.  I drill holes in the bottom of these containers and then paint and decorate them.  Then add the soil and the cuttings.  I am really enjoying this project and look forward to making a few dollars.

I purchased some cute supplies at the craft store but the cost will be too high in order to make a profit.  So the cups are a great idea.  They are 20 for $.98 while the butter, coffee, and litter containers are between $3 and $5 and not available to me for a length of time.  

So off I go... creating and painting - once again.

Today is a good day.

My small work space.

Getting some inventory ready for plants.

These are so cute but will bring the price up.

The painted cups fit perfectly in these containers.

These were only $.99 but are too small. 

These are the coffee containers.

This is the bottom of a cat litter container covered with burlap.  


1 comment:

  1. Very clever ideas with the containers. We are still enamoured of your painting of the man with the guitar. I play with it on my computer once in a while, but have never printed it out.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete