SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

CANCER CENTER APPOINTMENT WITh NEW ONCOLOGIST

Had visit with a new Oncologist today for my one year check up.  He examined my lump on my neck, looked at my throat, and took a brief history of my last cancer 5 years ago.

He asked if I had been scoped and I informed him that my ENT doctor did so a week ago.  He said that he would prefer if we continue to allow the ENT to do the scopes of my throat as he is not comfortable doing so.  That made me like him immediately.

He discussed the course of action he would take if my biobsy comes back positive.  I knew what he was going to say... surgery.  I asked about Proton Radiation Therapy and Immunotherapy and he was not for either one of these.  So it would have to be surgery to remove the lymph node completely.  No radiation.  He did not mention chemo.  He will be leaving the cancer center in April so I will be seeing another doctor when I return in 6 months.  All my future care will be through my ENT.

On leaving he said to me that he did not think that it was a return of the cancer I had 5 years ago but could not elaborate on why I had this lump on my neck in the same place as before as well as the ear ache, just like before.

Tomorrow I get my blood work and CAT scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment