SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, January 12, 2023

HAVING A CAT SCAN ON MY HEAD AND NECK - HERE WE GO AGAIN

Saw ENT today and he examined the lump on my neck.  He ordered a CAT scan but said that he was not too concerned about it as it was a small lump.  It is the size of a marble.  He said that it could be from an infection or illness of some kind that my system was trying to fight off.  I have not had an illness except for the problems with my heart which is not an infection.

I did some research and this is what I found.

  

Swollen lymph nodes are a sign that your immune system is fighting off infection or illness. Swollen lymph nodes are more likely to be benign than malignant. Benign means the lymph nodes don't contain cancer cells.  Benign lymphoma can sometimes turn into cancer, although it is not common

There is a link between stress causing swollen lymph nodes and mental illness. Swelling lymph nodes can occur when we face stress triggers and is a physical symptom of mental problems.
Chronic stress induces signalling from the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and drives cancer progression.  
persistent lateral neck lump in an adult should be considered malignant until proven otherwise.

At this point in time, it is my belief that my cancer has returned due to the extreme amount of stress
I have endured for 8 months while caring for my son.

I may be wrong but it is my gut feeling.


Stress is a killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment