SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

CARDIOLOGIST APPOINTMENT 2-14-23

 Had appointment with Cardiologist this morning.  Had an EKG which he said was OK.

Went over the incident with the CAT scan ordered by my ENT and how the premeds caused me to go into A-fib.  Told him I will not take any contrast or pre meds/steroids again.  

Informed him that I am still having A-fib episodes daily.  He changed my heart meds from Digoxin to Diltiazem.  He also put me back on the blood thinner Warfarin which he had originally prescribed for me. Have to attend classes at the clinic for a few weeks to learn how to use the blood thinner and equipment to monitor.

He explained that I should not worry about having a Cardiac PET scan with radioisotope as it is not a contrast.  I agreed to have one.  He said to schedule it when I am ready.

He said that if none of these things work he would order treatment of atrial fibrillation using intravenous infusion of certain meds which I would have to be in the hospital for this procedure.

Wants to see me back in 6 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment