SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

ENT DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT TODAY FOR PAIN IN THROAT AND EAR ACHE

Had a scope done today.  Have been having pain in my throat and ear.  Doctor said my voice is still raspy due to edema.  He did not see any evidence of disease.  Said there was some redness in my sinus area.  Also cleaned out my left ear of built up wax.  Gave me two prescriptions.  One was an antibiotic and one was a steroid.  Will see him again in a month.  

Came home and took a pain pill as my nasal passage was burning from the scope.  This burning lasted much longer than it has in the past.  Tonight I am not hurting in my throat or ear when I swallow.  Only took the antibiotic.  Will start the steroid tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. How are you doing with the eating now that the tube has been removed? We're still rooting for you.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am able to eat a little more than in the past. As long as it has gravy on it I can get it down. Otherwise I have to drown the food with coke in order to swallow. Some things still don't taste good to my tongue but that is improving. Mostly I drink protein drinks and eat ice cream. Thanks for thinking of me. Hope you are all doing well.

      Delete
  2. It took a good four weeks, but he is pretty much recovered from the tongue surgery now. That was only a drop in the bucket compared to what you went through!!

    ReplyDelete