SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, January 26, 2018

PEG TUBE SURGERY REMOVAL

Had my PEG tube removed today.  It had to be performed while I was under anesthesia due to the type of tube I had.  I was happy about that as I didn't want it to hurt when they pulled it out.  My brother drove me there as I was not allowed to drive home.  

It hurt a bit and I told the doctor but he said to take Tylenol and it would be healed in 2 days to a week.  I had a small amount of Hydrocodone left over so took some when I got home and it helped with the pain.

They told me I could eat and bathe today but I'm not comfortable with doing that just yet.  Afraid it will leak out of the hole that is not closed yet.

Sure hope it heals well.  I am to clean it daily but the doctor said I did not have to put antibiotic cream on it.  Can put a pad for a couple of days then just let it go uncovered.

I will remove the bandage tomorrow and hope I don't freak out at seeing the open hole.

I am so relieved that it is all over.  No more stinky, corroded, and bulky tube attached to my body.  


1 comment: