SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, January 11, 2018

OLFACTORY NEWS

HURRAH!  My refrigerator doesn't stink anymore.  The stinky smell that has been plaguing me for so long has slowly gone away.  I sometimes can detect it just a little bit but mostly it is gone.

My taste buds are coming alive again.  So far, the one thing that tastes good is ice cream.  I have been eating different things this week and rice feels terrible on my tongue and in my mouth.  I made a beef stew with rice but could only eat the broth and carrots.

Also tried some mashed potatoes and gravy with meatloaf.  Had to spit the meat loaf out.  Was able to eat several bites of potatoes and gravy.

Made an appointment with the Gastro doctor to have my PEG tube removed.  I will see him on the 25th of this month for the evaluation and then will schedule the date for removal.  Can't wait to have it taken out.  I've had it for 8 months now.

Even if I have trouble eating enough to sustain me I can still drink the protein drinks that I have been ingesting.  So I should be OK. 

4 comments: