SEARCH THIS BLOG

Saturday, April 15, 2023

IT IS SQUAMOUS CELL CARCINOMA AGAIN

 On  April 12th I met with my ENT to go over the results of my biopsy.  It is Squamous Cell Carcinoma.

Test shows that it is negative for HPV 16.  Not good.

He referred me to MD Anderson in Houston as I had requested because they offer Proton Therapy.

For 2 whole days I was on the phone with various people who I was told could help me with getting registered and also to apply for some assistance with lodging and financial assistance.  As it turns out no one could help me and I was told that this was going to be an expensive experience.  Housing is very expensive in this area and free housing has a waiting list 6 months long.  The last person I spoke with advised me to contact the American Cancer Society.  By this time I had made up my mind that I was not going to be a patient of MD Anderson.

I got online and researched cancer centers in the New Orleans area.  I was pleased to see that there was a center that performed types of surgery I might be needing.  Spent a whole day searching for just the right doctor and clinic.  At about midnight last night I made an appointment by using their phone app.  I will be seeing Dr. Hasney at Ochsner Cancer Center in New Orleans on April 25 at 3:30. This hospital is only an hour from my home.

The lump on my tongue is spreading and has grown into my gum line.  We need to hurry this process up before it is too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment