SEARCH THIS BLOG

Saturday, December 23, 2017

EATING IS SO HARD TO DO

Tried eating again today.  Boiled an egg and took a small bite of the white portion but had to spit out as it tasted awful and smelled awful.  Then tried a small pudding cup and the first couple of bites were not so good but I was determined to eat more so I forced myself to continue and I eventually finished the whole cup using coke to wash down each bite.  That was an improvement.  I can still manage my afternoon snack of a half a cup of ice cream with coke (coke float) which tastes as it should.

My goal is to find several things I can eat that has protein so I can plan on having the PEG tube removed.  I'm hoping for removal at the 6 month mark.  I'm now at 4 months post treatment.

2 comments:

  1. I'm making a heavily-caloried pudding for Gary, and that is going down quite well. He doesn't have the taste problems that you do, but pudding seems to be the easiest thing to get down. His tongue is healing nicely, so another couple of weeks should bring him about back to normal.

    Wish I was close enough to make you some pudding and we could work out flavors for it that might appeal to you.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad for Gary. Yes that would be nice if you were closer. I'd love some custard pudding.

      Delete