SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, December 28, 2017

EXERCISE


Back in January - at the weight of  170 pounds - I had started an exercise program of walking a couple of miles every day.  I started at the track then purchased a treadmill for my house.  Then in April I was diagnosed with Cancer and had not exercised since.   

Today - at a weight of 140 pounds - I got back on the treadmill and walked a quarter of a mile.  That's all I could do - but it's a start.  I'm very weak and my muscles have atrophied a bit.  Hoping I can build up some strength.

Ate some yogurt yesterday.  May try a small pancake and syrup later today.  Everything else goes down the PEG tube.

Still doing my lymphatic massages and wearing my compression garment every morning.  Don't see any difference in my neck at this time.  Quit going to therapy at the hospital.  Got more info by watching Youtube videos of lymphatic massage.




6 comments:

  1. An unfortunate way to lose weight! :-( Utilizing the treadmill will be a win-win for your body. Gary goes to the gym in our complex nearly every day. He says it makes him feel relaxed and more in charge of his body. Maybe that is why he has been able to stave off the disease for so long. The Multiple Myeloma is incurable, but with enough medications, it seems to allow continued life, for which we are very grateful. Hoping the same for you - a long and happy life!!!

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy about the weight loss but not how I got there. So sorry about your husband's disease. Hoping he continues to enjoy his life.

      Delete
  2. We make the best of every day. He just had a squamous cell carcinoma taken off his tongue, and that is healing quite nicely. His body seems to do well, even with the Multiple Myeloma dragging it down. It is really amazing. He is ten years+ out from his transplant now! ;->

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will he be getting chemo or radiation for the SSC on the tongue?

      Delete
  3. No, thank goodness. They got it all with the surgery, but he is still having difficulty eating, and it has been ten days. Nothing like the trouble you have, but he bites his tongue accidentally a lot. Linguini noodles seem to slide down easy with stir fry Chinese veggies in a cornstarch sauce made with chicken broth.

    I'm still in pudding mode, and we are finding lots of things to add to it for variety - instant coffee granules, ground hazel nuts, cinnamon, and, believe it or not, bits of marmalade. I made fresh chocolate today, and we had a blast at dinnertime piling on the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! That all sounds good. He is so lucky to have you.

      Delete