SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

THRUSH AGAIN ON TONGUE

Noticed a few spots of white thrush on the left side of my tongue yesterday.  I had not been gargling with the Magic Mouth Wash as often as I had been.  Began gargling twice a day and it has cleared up.

Tried eating again.  Scrambled an egg and took a few bites, chewed but had to spit out - tasted horrible.  Was able to drink half a cup of chocolate milk.  Also tried a few small bites of toast with butter but had a hard time swallowing even with lots of sips of water to wash it down.  Lately I have been enjoying a half a cup of vanilla ice cream with coke.  Some time back, ice cream tasted bad so this is a sign of improvement.

See my ENT tomorrow for another scope.  I hope he can see whatever it is that I feel on the left side of my tongue that rubs against my throat.  I didn't have this until after treatment was completed.  It feels like maybe scar tissue.  It's a small piece of skin that is very uncomfortable in my throat.  I can feel it when at rest as well as when I move my tongue.  I can reach it with my own finger but when the Oncologist examined me he could not feel it.  I just want to know what it is.

Still have dry mouth and some mucous.  I use Xylimelts at night which is very helpful keeping my mouth moist.  I'm still not drinking enough water but will try to increase the amount.

I'm running out of Hydrocodone and am hoping I can get another script.  Without it the discomfort with mucous and scar tissue and some slight pain on swallowing is aggravating.

I'm a whole lot better than I was a month or so ago and can actually see some improvement.  My problem with smell is a lot better.  My taste is slow in coming but I'm hoping for more improvement in the next few months.  I no longer crave certain foods like I did last month.  I guess it's because I know it will not taste right.  I dreamed I was eating a hot dog with chili the other night.  It was wonderful.


2 comments:

  1. Was beginning to worry with such a long hiatus from posting! Little by little . . . you seem to be improving. Soon you will be eating more and more things.


    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am improving and it can't happen fast enough for me. I keep trying different foods every week hoping I can wake up my taste buds. Poor things are in shock. LOL

      Delete