SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

ONCOLOGIST APPOINTMENT - NO CANCER PRESENT

Had appointment with Oncologist today to go over PET scan results.  He was very pleased with the results.  I asked a couple of questions about the uptake and he explained that that was nothing to worry about as it happens.  The bottom line is that there is no old or new cancer present.

I told him about the area at the side of my tongue that feels like scar tissue and he examined it but assured me that he did not think it was a new cancer but to have my ENT doctor look at it at my next visit in 2 weeks.  I thanked him for everything he has done to help save my life and got an appointment for 6 weeks from now. 

I left the clinic feeling really good and also really hungry.  Decided to go to Taco Bell and try a soft taco and a crunchy one.  Took a bite of steak from the soft taco and had to spit it out.  Tried a bite of the soft meat in a regular taco and was able to swallow a couple of times but then had to spit out and gargle.  Also was able to drink half a cup of coke and ice cream.  Food still tastes bad.   But I did try.



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the results. A true Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darren. I am very thankful to the medical staff and technology that has saved my life.

      Delete
  2. My computer has been in the "hospital" for a few days, so I am behind in reading your blog, but definitely want to throw in a YA-HOOOO for this great news!

    Maybe soon you will be able to eat real food.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the best wishes. I'm hoping that real food will be back in my life within the next few months. Tried some different foods today at my brother's house but couldn't eat turkey or cranberries. Was able to eat a small piece of ham and about a teaspoon of sweet potato pie while washing it all down with a soda. That was all I could do but am happy with that.

      Delete