SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, November 9, 2017

PROBLEMS WITH STOMA

My stoma is bleeding again.  It has bled only a couple of times in all the months I've had the PEG tube in my stomach.  I cleaned it up and added more antibiotic cream and gauze pads.  

This really worries me.  Not sure why it is bleeding.  When I changed the pad there was a lot of brown discharge around the hole in the gauze.  So it is leaking stomach contents.  When this type of thing happened before, the clinic said that was normal and not to worry about it.  I worry about infection.

I sure wish I could eat so I could get this tube out.  If I have to have surgery I will need this PEG tube so I guess I'll have it for awhile.

The cancer center called today and informed me of my PET scan schedule.  I will have to be at the hospital for 7:15am on November 17 and a followup with the Oncologist at 3:00pm on November 21st.   If the scan is not clear of cancer I will have to have surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment