SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

ONCOLOGIST APPOINTMENT TODAY

Informed my Oncologist that I was scoped yesterday and that the ENT doctor saw blood where the cancer was on the base of my tongue.  He said that the ENT did  not put that in his report to him.  This really upset me as I feel this is very important.  There is a lack of communication between these doctors - at my expense.

The Oncologist refused to discuss the issue because it was not in the report.  It was as if he was not trusting me to tell him the truth.  Tomorrow I will call the ENT and request that he inform the Oncologist of the blood issue.

I requested that the PET scan be scheduled for the 17th of this month.  That would make it exactly 3 months out of treatment.  He said he would try and get as close to that date as possible.

I got another script for Hydrocodone and left.




3 comments:

  1. With everything so easily available on computers these days, communication seems to be getting worse every day. We get a copy of whatever we can before leaving a doctor's office, and then read it before leaving the grounds. If there is a problem, we try to get it taken care of at that time, but it is mostly futile. Once in a while a smart secretary will take the initiative and try to accommodate the request.

    Glad to hear that your throat is at least feeling better these days. ;->

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ENT seemed to be in a hurry on this day. I think he wrote as short a note as he could and had it sent to my Oncologist. However, leaving this bit of information out was not a very smart move. This is important.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete