SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, November 19, 2017

THREE MONTH PET SCAN RESULTS

NM PET CT ROUTINE SKULL TO MID THIGH - Details

Impression
Resolution of previously demonstrated left vallecular and left cervical nodal hypermetabolic activity. No suspicious hypermetabolic activity is identified.


Electronically signed by: Jeremy Rau
Date: 11/17/17
Time: 16:07

Narrative

STUDY: RESTAGING PET/CT

HISTORY: History of malignant neoplasm of the left vallecula with cervical metastatic nodal disease

COMPARISON: Correlation previous PET/CT of 5/16/2017 and CT neck 10/20/2017

TECHNIQUE: PET/CT images were obtained from the skull to the mid thigh following the administration of 12.88 mCi of FDG intravenously. Blood glucose level at the time of the exam was 108 mg/dL. CT performed for attenuation correction and fused images obtained. Iterative reconstruction technique was used.

FINDINGS: Focal uptake is present in the region of the vocal cords without corresponding CT abnormality favored to be physiologic in nature. Previously demonstrated hypermetabolic activity at the left vallecula has resolved. The left cervical hypermetabolic lymph node is also no longer identified. Physiologic uptake is seen within the central nervous system, cardiovascular system, genitourinary tract, and GI system. No newly developed suspicious hypermetabolic foci.

Stable 2.3 cm nodule associated with right thyroid lobe without increased activity. Gastrostomy tube is in place. Numerous radiodense gallstones are identified. Significant sigmoid colon diverticulosis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was so relieved when I first read this report and shed a few tears of joy.  Then I read it a second time.  

I'm a little concerned about the uptake of the liquid radioactive material used to show the location of the cancer.  Focal uptake in the area of my vocal chord concerns me as I still have a raspy voice.  Also physiologic uptake with the central nervous system, cardiovascular system, genitourinary tract, and GI system concerns me.  I will ask about this at my upcoming visit with the Oncologist in two days.  Uptake usually means that the liquid radioactive material lit up on the scan in those places mentioned.  There is a possibility that this is a natural occurrence and means nothing serious.  Or it can mean cancer cells are present.

If this is nothing to worry about then I will be celebrating my victory against the monster by taking a trip in the RV with my little doggies.




No comments:

Post a Comment