SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, June 30, 2017

SECOND RADIATION TREATMENT TODAY

Yesterday was my first treatment...  I was very surprised when they told me it was over. I was expecting for it to last longer. For what I have read, the treatments last about 15 minutes. I was done in 10. Just when I was beginning to relax it was over. Not sure if all my treatments will last that long but I sure hope they do. 



Still had trouble with the mask being too tight on my neck where I could not swallow. I had to push my head up to the top of the mask to swallow. I didn't want to move so I just didn't swallow. My mouth was so dry from anxiety I didn't feel like swallowing. My appointment was for 3:30 and I was home for 4:00. My neighbor drove me to and from the clinic. 



Felt pretty good for the first few hours and took a nap.  I felt a little nausea on the ride home but I think it was because I was hungry.  I used my Fluoride trays for the first time and used the Aloe cream on my neck. This will be my ritual from now on. 



After about 4 hours I started feeling sick.  Lots of nausea and a headache.  Plus some constipation which was really painful.  I had taken some pain meds for the pain in my stoma several days ago and this is the result.  I no longer am taking pain meds.  I didn't get much sleep and tried everything I could to relieve the constipation but nothing worked.  Will get different meds tomorrow.  This was a little disappointing for my first treatment.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Today was my second treatment.  My neighbor Evelyn drove me to the clinic.  Took only one Xanax as I felt very little anxiety.  Went through treatment with no problems.  I will be seeing my Oncologist on Monday and will ask for something for nausea.  Bought some Miralax and took a dose around 4:30 today but still no relief.  If it weren't for this problem, I would not feel so bad considering being shot with radiation.  I will have to remember to take a stool softener when I begin taking pain meds later during treatment.



No comments:

Post a Comment