SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, July 2, 2017

JUST LIKE GIVING BIRTH

After 4 days of painful bowel obstruction, at 3:30 this afternoon I finally expelled the large stool.  It was extremely painful but I felt immediate relief.  Although I am still in pain from all the trauma done to my rectum, I can pass runny stool with little effort now.  Later, I eased the pain by placing my heating pad set on low to the area.  That helped with the pain a lot.  I will take a stool softener daily from now on.  I see my Oncologist tomorrow and will ask for a recommendation on a softener.  I don't ever want to go through that again.

I felt so good this evening that I cooked some shrimp and potatoes and enjoyed my first real meal in 4 days.  Hoping I get a good night's sleep tonight as I only slept a few hours last night.

I'm not sure if this obstruction was from the pain pills I was taking or from the two radiation treatments I have had.  I guess I will find out soon enough if it happens again while I continue treatment without taking pain meds.


No comments:

Post a Comment