SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

THIRTEENTH TREATMENT TODAY

Went to the pharmacy early this morning to pick up the Diflucan for the thrush I have in my mouth.  Took it but don't see any improvement in the last 12 hours.  In fact, it is worse.  Maybe tomorrow.

Keep rinsing my mouth every couple of hours with salt, baking soda, and water to help with the mucous.  This afternoon finally got the Magic Mouth Wash my family doctor ordered for the mucous.  However, when I spoke with the pharmacist she said that he did not order any anti fungal agent to be added to the mix - like Nystatin.  So it will not help with the white patches all over my mouth and down my throat.  All it contains is Lidocaine, Benadryl, and Maalox.  I'm supposed to swish for a whole minute or two then either spit or swallow.  Tried it once and it sure does numb my whole mouth but doesn't last very long.  Not supposed to eat or drink anything for 30 minutes.  So I get rid of one bad symptom (nausea) and another shows up.  What's next?

The pain on the right side of my tongue had stopped hurting for awhile but I felt it slightly again today.  When I look closely in the mirror I can see that when I don't have my partials in, there is a top back tooth that pushes down on that certain area of my tongue when my teeth are clenched.  I'm thinking that is the problem.  I read that the patient should not wear their dentures or partials during the day except to eat.  So that's what I've been doing.  However, there is no barrier for the tongue to rest on so it spreads out and that top back tooth smashes down on it.  Guess I'll have to try wearing the partials again.

No comments:

Post a Comment