SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, July 31, 2017

TWENTY SECOND TREATMENT TODAY

Called Humana Insurance this morning and spoke to a representative for 45 minutes in order to resolve the problem I have with their refusal to pay my pain med prescription.  I was put on hold 3 times and then was told 3 different reasons for the refusal.  They even went so far as to say that it was not on their formulary.  I was on  their website looking at their formulary and it was indeed on it.  I also explained that this medicine has been paid by Humana at $33 back in June.  And now they want $186.

The last explanation they gave me was that the Oncologist would have to get a pre-authorization from them stating that this is the drug he wants me to have.  They will send him a FAX and after he fills it out and sends it back they will decide.  When I spoke to my Oncologist today before my treatment I explained all of this to him and he agreed to to so.   However, he also said that he has never had to do this in his career.  

Today I've ingested 39 ounces of protein drink (4 drinks), 880 calories, 59 grams of protein, and 30 ounces of water.  I'm not even half way to where I'm supposed to be.  I'm still losing weight but they don't seem to be worried about it.  I get weighed every time I have a treatment.  Today I am at 163 pounds.

The mucous is still really bad and I gargle often.  Suction machine helps.  Having weekends off from treatment is nice.  But Sunday afternoon was the first time I felt good in a long time.  No nausea, little mucous, and no pain.  Today was back to feeling awful.


No comments:

Post a Comment