SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, October 20, 2017

CAT SCAN TODAY

Had a CAT scan today.  Will get results at next appointment with Oncologist on Wednesday of next week.  Hoping for the best - prepared for the worst.

They wanted me to pay a copayment of $225.  I asked if I could be billed and they said no.  I paid the money then after the scan was complete I went to the Financial Services department and spoke to Jennifer who said I do not have to pay the whole amount as I have been approved for assistance and only owe 10 percent.  So they reimbursed me.  This assistance is good until February of 2018.  After that I will have to pay the copayment every time I get a scan.

The left side of my throat is still sore and burns when swallowing any liquid.  I also feel something is there at the same place that the cancer was.  It is a new sensation and it scares me.  I hope it is only scar tissue.  I continue to take the antibiotics and have discontinued the steroid as it hurts my stomach.

I forced myself to try to eat something today.  Stopped at a fast food place and got a vanilla shake and some fries.  The fries did not smell bad so I figured I'd try some.  No luck.  Had to spit out.  I did lick the salt off of some of them and it tasted so good.  I drank half of the shake before it started to taste really bad.  At least I tried.  Still not ready.




No comments:

Post a Comment