SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

MORE SCANS ORDERED

Had appointment with Oncologist today.  Brought my long list of symptoms and read them out to him.  He was a little overwhelmed by it all.  Wasn't expecting all of that.  Seemed concerned about my throat burning when I drink water as well as my ear pain.  Ordered a CAT scan and mentioned that we might have the PET scan earlier than planned.  I told him I thought my lymph node had grown a little.

He referred me to a speech therapist due to my problems swallowing and I have an appointment for 10:30 tomorrow morning.  I also asked for a referral to a physical therapist for lymphatic massage for my lymphedema in my neck.  

He wants to see me again in a week.

He was going to scope me until I said that I would be seeing the ENT doctor in a couple of weeks.  He agreed that it would be better if the ENT did the scope and that I should call him and ask to see him as soon as possible.

I explained about the Hydrocodone and he said that I will continue to take it and if I run out to call his office and tell the staff that I need another script.  I was surprised to hear this.

I told him about my taste buds and how everything stinks and that I can smell what only animals can smell and he said he had never heard of such a thing.  However, smelling and tasting problems are common in head and neck cancers after treatment.  Survivor stories are all over the Internet with similar complaints.  This just led me to believe that he has not had a whole lot of experience with head and neck cancers.


Ingested 1258 calories, 75 grams of protein, and 12 ounces of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment