SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

SPEECH THERAPY APPOINTMENT

Nice lady named Debbie went over a lot of information with me about my problem swallowing.  She read from an in depth report of the Swallow Study I had done.  Showed me on a drawing where the food is staying stuck.  It's not just in one spot but also lower in my esophagus.  She mixed some thickening agent in apple juice and had me drink a small spoonful.  I did it with no problems.  It didn't even trigger that awful metallic taste on my tongue.  She wants to see me for 6 weeks.  At some point she will refer me back for another Swallow Study.

My Oncologist had forgotten to refer me to Physical Therapy for my lymphedema.  The clerk called his office and spoke to his nurse who will relay that message.  Then I can do both at the same visit.  I will be scheduled for next week.  

When I got home I called my ENT doctor and requested another appointment with him for next Monday for a scope as requested by the Oncologist.


Ingested 1282 calories, 85 grams of protein, and 12 ounces of water.




2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the apple juice is just the start of your beautiful friendship with food again.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete