SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, October 30, 2017

FIRST REAL FOOD

Well today I just couldn't wait any longer.  Ordered a plate lunch from the nearby restaurant.  Felt that I could eat some grilled fish.  It came with potato salad, bread, and green salad.  Also ordered a cup of seafood gumbo.  Took a few sips of gumbo but tasted pretty bad.  Potato salad wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  One bite of fish with tartar sauce and I knew I couldn't eat any more.  At least the smell wasn't too bad.  That's an improvement.  However, everything burns my throat and I have to drink water to ease the pain.  I probably should not have started with these types of food.  Small steps would have been better instead of jumping into real food. 

Amazingly the lettuce was the only thing that didn't taste bad.  I brushed my teeth and gargled afterwards to rid my mouth of all the tastes.  I tried but it's just not happening.  Fifteen dollars down the drain.  I'm going on 10 weeks out of treatment.  Judging by my progress it may be many more months before things taste right.

The good news is that I can drink lots of water without choking.  In fact, without even thinking at times.  It's like my throat has remembered what to do on its own.   So happy about that.  I may start smoothies now.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried a milk pudding of some kind? Gary's diet was a lot of cream of potato soup (homemade, not the canned kind with lumps) and chocolate pudding, also homemade so I could make it a bit thinner than normal.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete