SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, October 16, 2017

ENT APPOINTMENT TODAY

Saw Dr. Beyer today and he scoped me.  Said that the area that is hurting and burning is a little more inflamed than the rest of my inflamed throat.  Gave me an antibiotic and a steroid.  He does not feel it is a recurrence of the cancer.

Felt the lymph node and said the swelling I feel is my saliva gland not node.  Didn't say what to do about it.  Asked him about the white stuff on my tongue and he said it was not thrush but a side effect of the radiation.  Nothing we can do about it.  Wants to see me in one month.

I'll be through with the meds he gave me in one week but will have to wait 3 more weeks for another scope.  That will be nerve racking.

He said to keep my mouth moist even if I have to sip water and swish and spit it out.  I think he feels that the dryness is hurting my throat and hindering healing.  I agree.

Today was not a good day as I felt weak and just wanted to nap on the sofa when I got home.



No comments:

Post a Comment