SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, October 2, 2017

WEANING OFF HYDROCODONE

Having a lot of discomfort in my throat lately.  Or maybe it's just because I'm not taking as much pain meds that I am noticing it.  It feels like my throat is closing and I can feel all sides touching - all the time.  I still have that sandpaper like texture on the roof of my mouth as well as some places on my gums.  

I really want to continue taking the Hydrocodone if I can get another prescription from the Oncologist.  I called his office today to ask to see him sooner than next Thursday.  They gave me an appointment for two days sooner.   That's not much help.  I tried taking Tylenol liquid a few times but it makes me feel worse so I won't be doing that again.

I think he will scope me on my next visit and I dread it.  He hurt me the first time he scoped me when I first went to see him.  He did not spray me with the numbing agent the way my ENT doctor does.  I will suggest that he use the ENT technique on me and see how that goes.

Today I ingested 1252 calories, 70 grams of protein, and 14 ounces of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment