SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, October 26, 2017

NO LYMPHATIC MASSAGE UNTIL NED

The Oncologist called me this morning and explained that he spoke with the ENT and indeed I was given a one dose Diflucan in the past for thrush.  So he phoned it in to my pharmacy.  I thanked him and he said to call if I start to have pain again.

I picked up the medicine and noticed that there were two.  He had called in yesterday a script for the liquid Nystatin that needed to be taken for an extended period of time.  I didn't want that.  I went ahead and purchased it anyway because the pharmacist said I could put some of it in the Magic Mouth Wash gargle I use and it will keep the thrush away.  Otherwise I will use the Diflucan pill that can be crushed and put in my tube for the thrush.  

Went to Speech Therapy today and was informed that as long as there is some active cancer I can not receive lymphatic massage as it can spread the cancer throughout the lymph system.  Wow, how scary is that?  So until the PET scan results state that I am NED there will be no way to get rid of this fluid buildup in my neck.  If left alone too long it will harden and I will never be able to get rid of it.

I am still taking the antibiotic and steroid meds.  Will be finished in two days.

Had a nice long visit with a neighbor who is also a cancer survivor.  It was so good to talk to someone who understands what you are going through.  Thank you Phyllis.  It meant a lot to me that you welcomed me into your home and shared your experiences with me.  It's very hard not having anyone to talk to.  So glad we met.  

We exchanged phone numbers and plan to meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment