Wednesday, March 29, 2017


Had appointment with ENT doctor today.  He looked at my throat and said it is healing well.  I informed him about the boils and also a lesion on my chest that just came out.  He said it was caused by staph.  While waiting for him to tell me about the results of the blood work he said he was going to refer me to a Rheumatologist.  I couldn't believe my ears.

I told him that I had made a bet with my neighbor about the blood tests and wondered if I had won.  Then I asked about the results of all the tests and he said the ones he suspected would show Autoimmune Disease were negative.  Some results of the other tests showed borderline evidence of inflammation.  Of course I have inflammation.  My lymph node is swollen and I have a growth on my tongue!!!!!  So I won the bet.

The only thing he said that made any sense to me today was that tumors don't usually respond to antibiotics like what happened with my reduced lymph node.  So he thinks that I don't have a tumor in my lymph node and that seems to be why he continues to believe it is not cancer.

I was just about to ask about another biopsy when he said that he was going to schedule an Ultra Sound Needle biopsy while waiting to get in to see a Rheumatologist in Houma which sometimes takes up to 6 months.  I expressed my opinion that I feel the lymph node biopsy will reveal exactly what we need to know to continue with treatment.  

I'm waiting for a call now from the scheduling nurse to see when we will do this procedure.  I asked if I could take a Xanax prior to treatment as I will be awake for it and he said yes but someone would have to drive me home.  I assured him that it would not be necessary as I am able to drive while on .5 Xanax and have done it many times after a dental appointment.

He gave me a prescription for the same Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim Suspension that I was on for 10 days and completed one week ago.  Now here we go again.  Just when I was getting my system cleared of all antibiotic drugs.

As far as I'm concerned, I will not be going to a Rheumatologist as I have no symptoms that they would be looking for.  After the needle biopsy I will take the results and seek a second opinion, or he will refer me to an Oncologist.  One of us will be right and one of us will be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment