SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, March 3, 2017

SECULAR SUPPORT

After days of searching the Internet, I have finally found a few Secular Support Groups for Cancer patients.  What a relief.  It is very uplifting to read the posts of people living with cancer and no gods.

Living in south Louisiana is like living on some alien planet.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, is religious, especially Catholics.  No one to relate to, no one to confide in.

Although I would like to have a face to face encounter with a Secular Support Group, I'll settle for online for now.




2 comments:

  1. Very interesting quotes above. My husband, Gary, the one in our family with the cancer, is from Louisiana, brought up by Catholic brothers in school, but remains agnostic/atheist since age 18, when he escaped Louisiana to go to the University of Arizona in Tucson.

    Christopher Hitchens was a favorite, and he was gone all too soon. I did not know Emma Thompson was in our fold, but we have always admired her, as well.

    You are not alone, Girl. This is a very difficult journey you are undertaking, and I am reading forward on your entries. I sincerely wish you had some familial support, as that makes all the difference in the world.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judie, I have wonderful neighbors who have been a big help to me. Also have a brother who has offered his assistance. Have a couple of lifelong friends who live about an hour or so away from me but do come by and help when I need someone to stay overnight after a procedure. My son lives in Baton Rouge and is unable to visit as often as I would like. So far, I'm managing well.

      Delete