SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

APPOINTMENT TO SEE GASTRO DOCTOR FOR PEG TUBE PROCEDURE

Called the Council on Aging today and asked about Medical Transportation.  They asked a few questions and then said that I do qualify.  Someone will be coming to my home to take an application, and they will call first.  I'm also going to ask for meals on wheels for the first few weeks of treatment then I will be using the tube for feeding.  I will also ask for home health services. 

Gastrointerologist Dr. Pellegrin's office called today to schedule me for the PEG tube operation.  I have an appointment for tomorrow to speak with him and fill out paperwork and then to schedule the procedure.

From what I've read, I won't be able to swallow food towards the last few weeks of radiation and will need to use the stomach tube.  I remember my dad using the PEG tube toward the end of his life.  My mom and I would sit with him on my sofa and make it a social event. It seemed to please him.  That was in 1989.


No comments:

Post a Comment