SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, May 29, 2017

PRE OP APPOINTMENT

Had appointment for Pre Op today at 1:00 at the Outpatient Pavilion.  The nurse went over all my surgeries, meds, ailments, etc.  Was told not to take my blood pressure meds or diabetic meds the morning of surgery.  Can take Xanax.  Good, cause I'm going to need it.

Also had an EKG.  I was given two packs of antibacterial scrubs to wash my stomach area with the night before and in the morning as well.  I am to leave it on for five minutes then rinse off.  No blood work.   All this took 2 hours.  

They will call me the day before the surgery on Thursday to let me know what time to arrive at the Outpatient Pavilion.

The Cancer Center called me today to schedule my radiation mask fitting.  They wanted me to go in on Friday, the day after my PEG tube surgery.  I declined and they said they would call back on Monday.  There's no way I can go through that while my belly is still sore from surgery and I'm still on pain meds.







No comments:

Post a Comment