SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, September 11, 2017

ANOTHER COUGHING SPELL

Had another coughing spell this morning at 6:00am.  Did all the usual things to try and stop it.  Took about 20 minutes to get some relief. 

Had a visitor today.  My friend Sylvia came by and we talked for about 2 hours.  I had a hard time talking as my mouth would get so dry so I took sips of water.  This is the first time I have taken more than 2 sips of water at a time.  I was so proud of myself.  I think it was because I was not alone.  Having someone there made me feel safe if I were to choke.   I sipped for the whole two hours and never choked.  Don't know how many ounces I drank.  It wasn't much but it was a lot of little sips.

It was so nice to have someone to talk to.  I'm alone all of the time - day and night - and I want to have someone to visit with me so much.  As soon as I get finished with these next few doctor's appointments, I will take the dogs and the RV and head out to do some visiting of my own.  Maybe look up some long lost relatives who live out of town.  

Later this afternoon my neighbors Carolyn and Evelyn came by and sat with me out in the front patio.  We haven't had this kind of visit in a long time.  I enjoyed it so much.  And of course the little doggies were so happy to have someone to pet them.

Went to the store to pick up some supplies and bought a pretty blouse as a reward for all the water I drank today.

So today was a good day.

I ingested through my PEG tube 616 calories, 51 grams of protein, and 12 ounces of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment