SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, September 10, 2017

TWO MORE COUGHING, CHOKING, GAGGING SPELLS

Had another choking and gagging episode at 2:00am this morning.  I had to go downstairs and gargle and use the tube for water intake.  It took a while for the coughing to stop.  

The left side of my throat where the cancer is has started to give a picking sensation that makes me want to cough.  It's like a cough tickle.  Coughing hurts my throat alot and then I start gagging and want to throw up.  It's very scary.

Then this afternoon while relaxing on the sofa and watching a movie it started again.  This time I had a hard time getting it under control.  I tried everything.  I drank sips of water, I gargled, took in some protein and water in tube, took some pain meds - but it continued for a good while.  I don't know what triggers this.

I'm still struggling with hunger.  The protein drinks seem to be less effective and not satisfying my hunger.  If I increase the amount then I feel too full and like I will throw up.  I take in about 4 ounces of the protein drinks every 3 hours.

Walked the dogs a couple of times today.  The weather is so nice so we spent time out on the front patio.  

Today I ingested 818 calories, 47 grams of protein, and 16 ounces of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment