SEARCH THIS BLOG

Saturday, September 30, 2017

AWFUL TASTE ON TONGUE

Tried a bite of pie today.  Tasted awful and had to spit it out and gargle and scrape my tongue.  I thought because it was thick it would be easy to swallow.  But it is not so much the swallowing but the awful taste that is still on my tongue.  Have no idea when this will go away.  Until it does, I won't be able to eat.  I'm only 45 days out of treatment and seem to be healing slowly.

Later I tried some hot chocolate with thickening agent in it.  Drank a few sips after it cooled and it hurt my throat.  The spot where the cancer was tends to burn when I drink room temperature water and it burned when I drank the chocolate.  Thank goodness I have the PEG tube.

I ingested by PEG tube 1438 calories, 85 grams of protein, and 16 ounces of water.  Now that I've got my calories up I will concentrate on increasing my water intake to at least 30 ounces a day.  That's still not where I should be but it is a big leap from where I've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment