SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

WORKED OUTSIDE TODAY CLEANING MY HOUSE

Did some more work outside today.  I pressure washed the back of my house and screen porch.  It took 4 hours and I was exhausted and weak when I finished.  

I hurried and did a tube feeding and then bathed and rested on the sofa for a few hours.  I think I over did it but I'm glad it is done.  Before my diagnosis I washed the front of my house and it took about the same length of time.  However, I wasn't sick then and had the strength to do it.

Today I tried eating some oatmeal.  It smelled good and I put a small amount on my tongue and tried to get it to the back of my throat to see if I could swallow it.  That's when I started to gag.  

The small pieces of oats stuck to my throat and I immediately spit it all out and rinsed my mouth but I couldn't get all the small pieces of oats unstuck.  I gargled and then swiped my mouth with a napkin to get it all out.  I almost threw up.  Without saliva, food sticks to everything - teeth and gums.  I think it is too soon to be eating and I may not do any more testing.    

I ingested through my PEG tube 950 calories, 80 grams of protein, and l2 ounces of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment