SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

FAMILY DOCTOR APPOINTMENT FOR LUMP ON LEG

Had an appointment with my family doctor today for him to check a lump that recently came out on my leg.  He said is was a cyst and to just keep an eye on it to see if it gets larger at which time it will need to be biopsied.    

He was not happy about the amount of weight I lost (20 pounds)  and also of the amount of calories I have been ingesting.  Told me that if I lost 10 more pounds we would have to change the feeding method.  Perhaps continuous bag feeding.  I'm not too happy about that.

I told him I would increase my 4 ounce feedings to every two hours and see if I can get my calories up to at least 1000 a day.  He agreed to this.

If I take in 4 ounces of protein drink every two hours and take in 2 more ounces of water on alternating hours I will be able to have a daily total of 1246 calories, 70 grams of protein, and 26 ounces of water.  That will make a big difference in my healing and prevent me from getting the bag feedings.  However, it will mean that I will be inserting liquids into my feeding tube every hour of the day. 

Today I ingested through my feeding tube 815 calories, 67 grams of protein, and 12 ounces of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment