SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, September 17, 2017

MORE TASTE TESTS

Still experimenting with foods.  Today I ate 3 small bites of ice cream.  Tasted pretty bad but I managed.  Later I tried some warm beef broth.  It was horrible.  Very metallic taste.  I'm hoping that the metallic taste will eventually go away in the next few months.

Drank a few sips of chocolate milk.  It had a slight metallic taste today that it did not have yesterday.  My tongue and taste buds are healing and are not the same from day to day.  

Still taking sips of water.  Had a little couching spell today but only lasted a few seconds.

I ingested in my PEG tube 1448 calories, 92 grams of protein, and 10 ounces of water.

2 comments:

  1. Linda, I know it's a very slow road but hang in there. It will get better. Even that you were able to taste food, or had interest in eating, is huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darren. Yes, it is a very slow progress. I have been able to see some improvement in the last week or so. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

      Delete