SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, August 6, 2017

GAGGING AT 4:00am

Had a real bad spell this morning.  Got scared.  Couldn't get it under control.  I can usually sip some water and inhale some cool mist and it eases up.  Not this morning.  I hurried down stairs and gargled with the Magic Mouth Wash mixed with a little water.  Took some protein drink, water, and some pain meds through the tube.  Went back to bed and sat up for 30 minutes inhaling the cool mist.  Finally went back to sleep.  

I have got to do something about these episodes.  I'm thinking about setting the alarm clock for 3:00am and ingesting some protein drink, water, and pain meds to last me to the morning feed at 9:00 am.  When the throat gets so dry that you can not swallow at all, not even mucous or water, it's very painful and frightening.  I can handle it during the day but at night I'm not aware of the dryness until it's too late and I wake up choking.

Stayed on the sofa all day.  Don't feel like doing anything.  It took all my energy to take a bath and dress myself.

Today I ingested 950 calories, 130 grams of protein, and 24 ounces of water.




No comments:

Post a Comment