SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, August 14, 2017

THIRTY SECOND TREATMENT TODAY

After treatment saw the Oncologist.  Asked for another script for pain meds.  He gave it to me and said if I needed anything else to call him.  He wanted to know if I wanted something stronger and I said no.  Should have given that more thought before answering.  Our last visit is in 3 days.  After that it will be every few weeks.

He felt my lymph node in my neck and said he is pretty sure that cancer is gone.  We did not discuss the base of my tongue primary cancer location.

He said that he is amazed at my ability to keep my weight steady.  I agreed that it is a mystery because I am not getting above 800 calories a day.  Some days only about 500 calories.  I mentioned that my body might be going into starvation mode and he agreed.  I'll be losing muscle mass as my body feeds off the calories throughout my system.  The human body will burn primarily free fatty acids from body fat stores, along with small amounts of muscle tissue to provide required glucose for the brain.  It could become a very serious condition if I continue to ingest less than 800 calories.   

Today I ingested 510 calories, 76 grams of protein, and 20 ounces of water.

Got the pain meds filled with no problems at CVS and took 2/3 of a dose when I got home as I was hurting pretty bad.  However, I will go back to 1/3 of a dose every 3 hours tomorrow.

I will also go back to using the cans of Glucerna 1.5 tomorrow.  I'll try half a can at a time and see if it will again give me abdominal cramps.  I still have not had a bowel movement in two days but continue to take the Miralax.  Hopefully I will tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Getting close - hang in there! Do they foresee that you will be able to eat real food any time soon? Cooked whole rolled grains should help with the constipation once you can tolerate even soft food.

    Virtual hugs,

    Judie

    ReplyDelete