SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, August 31, 2017

MORE PAIN MEDS NEEDED

Called the Oncologist today to request another script for pain meds.  He does not want to give me a script without seeing me in the office.  So I have an appointment tomorrow at 1:30.  

Not sure why I have to see him.  He's always told me to just call him if I ever need any more pain meds.  Well, this is the first time I've called and even though I just saw him 9 days ago I have to see him again with nothing new to report.  

I had never taken the full dose of pain meds in the past as I had relief with less of a dose.  Well, now I'm taking the prescribed dose and am running out sooner and that's why I'm needing another script.   Sure hope I don't start getting the runaround about pain meds.  This is not the time to doubt me about what I need for pain.  This is the time I was warned about.  The weeks after treatment is complete are the worst.  It is 14 days today since my last treatment.  Oh well, we shall see.

Today I ingested through the PEG tube 614 calories, 45 grams of protein, and 16 ounces of water.


No comments:

Post a Comment