SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, August 25, 2017

SWALLOW TEST

Today I ingested 926 calories, 69 grams of protein, and 16 ounces of water.

I am having dreams about food now.  Just some weeks ago I would have waves of nausea if I saw food on a commercial.  I still have a couple of months to go before I will be able to eat soft foods but I'm dreaming of foods that I can't have.

The hospital called me today to set up an appointment for a Swallow Test to see if some of the sips of water I take are going into my lungs.  Not every time but most times I choke when I drink a sip of water.  So I'm afraid to drink and just use the PEG tube for all water intake.  However, I will have problems with throat muscles and memory of how to swallow if I don't keep it up every day.  My appointment is for September 21st at 10:15am.

No comments:

Post a Comment