SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

TWENTY FOURTH TREATMENT TODAY

Sad that I had to spend my 70th birthday getting a radiation treatment but am hoping that next year I'll be celebrating my birthday on a beach somewhere - and without cancer.

Saw the Dietician today and we discussed what protein drinks I should be drinking.  The ones I have been on don't have enough calories so I'll be looking for the ones for diabetics that have more calories.  She gave me the names of what to look for as well as some coupons.

Came home and took another 1/3 dose of pain meds and took a nap.  Then my neighbors came over to wish me a Happy Birthday and brought me a present and a nice card.  I enjoyed having company and the little Shih Tzus really had a good time getting all the attention that they have not been getting from me.  The poor little babies cried when my friends left.  I just don't have the energy to play with them.  I feel really bad about that.

My son called me today and we had a nice chat.  I had trouble talking at first so kept taking small sips of water which helped.  We usually have hour long conversations but it was really hard to talk today.  I felt good after hearing from him. 

Today I ingested 37 ounces of protein drink, 860 calories, and 75 grams of protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment