SEARCH THIS BLOG

Saturday, August 19, 2017

SWALLOWING RAZOR BLADES

Another day on the sofa.  I tend to fall asleep on and off, only to be awakened minutes later choking with mucous in my throat.  I cough it up but can't spit it out so swallow it.  Disgusting.

Dogs are getting used to the routine that we are not going for a walk but that they will use the fenced in back yard to potty.  I think because I don't talk to them anymore that they feel unloved.  When I do force my voice out I don't sound like myself and can't form my words clearly.  I try to use hand gestures to get them to do what I want them to do.  It hurts to talk.

My throat pain is now getting to the point of pain that has been described by throat cancer survivors as swallowing razor blades.  I was wondering when that was going to happen to me.  I have had to double the amount of pain meds to 10ml every three hours.  At this rate, I'll need another bottle soon.  I have an appointment with the Oncologist in 4 days and will request another script at that time.  I may need something stronger so I can take less at a time.

Today I ingested 802 calories, 48 grams of protein, and 28 ounces of water.


No comments:

Post a Comment