SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, August 11, 2017

THIRTY FIRST TREATMENT TODAY

Getting close to the end.  Only 4 treatments left.  Glad it's the weekend.  I need to have a break.  Fridays are always draining on me.  Five straight days of radiation takes its toll.  

Today I ingested 850 calories, 72 grams of protein, and 16 ounces of water.  I think I'm cutting down on water in order to fill my stomach with the protein drink to increase the calories.  My stomach has shrunk a good bit and fills up really fast when I pour the liquids down the tube.  I know I need more water but am trying to increase the calories for now.

Still having choking episodes in the middle of the night.  I am needing pain meds every 3 hours as that is as long as the 1/3 dose will last.  I'm getting low on the Hydrocodone and hope I can make it till I get a new script on Monday.  I'll probably need the full dose in the coming weeks as they say it gets worse for awhile before it gets better.  I've only been taking the pain meds for 10 days now.  I think I did pretty good not needing any till my 6th week of treatment.

I'm keeping the constipation at bay by taking liquid Miralax every day through the tube.  Between the milk based protein drinks and the pain meds I would really be suffering if not for the Miralax.

My neck is getting worse.  It looks like a few cracks are starting to form.  Not visible in this photo. 






No comments:

Post a Comment