SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

THIRTY THIRD TREATMENT TODAY

Drove myself to treatment early so I could go to the Financial Office to submit paperwork requested in order to get approval for assistance.  Jennifer assured me that I would know something in a week and that no action to collect money owed by me would be taken.

Started ingesting the Glucerna I purchased online that initially made me sick.  So far I have not had any negative reaction.  I only ingest half the 8 ounce can at a time so that may be why I'm handling it so well now.  It has also helped me to have my first bowel movement in 3 days.

Today I ingested 890 calories, 50 grams of protein, and 21 ounces of water.  Getting the calories up but still not taking in enough water.  My shrunken stomach just can't handle all that liquid at one time.  I would have to flush my tube with 2 ounces of water every 30 minutes just to get half of the water I need to have in a day. 

Had a visitor today.  My friend Pat came by to see how I was doing.  Although it hurts to talk I managed to have a nice long visit with him.   My little dogs love him and gave him lots of little wet kisses.  
They really miss seeing the neighbors and taking afternoon walks.  I'm just not up to walking them at this time.  They give me these pitiful little eyes to say, "Why are you always on the sofa?  Why can't we go for a walk?"  I feel so sorry for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment